Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Thank You & Good Luck

This course taught us all about effective communication and collaboration. I learned that there is more to communication then listening and talking. Nonverbal cues are just as important to how you listen and how you talk to the people around you. All of you have shared your experiences and taught me how to handle certain conflicts. If you asked me at the beginning of starting my master's degree if I would connect with my classmates, I would have answered, not likely. I am a shy person who takes time to warm up to people. But with sharing our experiences, I feel like I have connected with so many of you.

We move from course to course staying with some familiar people and meeting new ones. I want to thank you all for everything that you have taught me. I wish everyone the best of luck with everything that you do and hope that we all remember the communication skills we learned about. I know that I will be mindful of the ways I communicate and be mindful of how I handle conflict.

I plan to keep this blog going after graduation so that many of us can still stay in touch. I wish you all the best of luck as you continue down this journey. For anyone that took the specialization in Teaching and Diversity in Early Childhood Education I hope to see you again in our future classes. It is crazy to think that there are only three more courses to go!

4 comments:

  1. Charlotte,
    I am truly going to miss having class with you! I looked forward to reading your blogs and discussions each week. Even though you say you are a shy person, you have a the skill of connecting with others and that makes you stand out! That is such a great skill to have! Thanks for all your insight. Best wishes in your courses to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte! thank you for your comment on my blog entry this week. throughout our past few classes, I have enjoyed reading your blog and discussion posts. I always learn something from them. I also will keep my blog open to keep in touch. I too am a shy person, but feel that I have connected with some of my classmates. I wish you success in your work. Good luck with your upcoming courses. I will miss having class with you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte,
    I am also in the Teaching and Diversity Specialization. I am really happy to read that we may be in the same courses again. This has all gone by so fast. We have been in so many courses together and I have looked forward to reading all of your discussions. Thank you for your support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlotte, Thanks for your insights and comments in this class. You enlighten my thoughts with your posts each week.

    ReplyDelete