Thursday, August 18, 2011

When I Think of Child Development


A child can ask questions that a wise man cannot answer. ~Author Unknown

While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

Which way is the school bus going? Left or right?

This was given to me a few years back in an email chain, and I always think about it when I think of a child's mind. Children see things completely differently then what many adults do. We need to remember that and open our minds as we teach. We can learn so much from our students and they in return will learn from us.

I want to say thanks to all my colleagues. I have learned so much from each and every one of you. You all have opened my eyes to new ideas and encouraged me to think outside the box. Special thanks to Dr. Darragh for the continuing support that you have given me throughout this course. I will take the knowledge that I have gained from everyone and put it to great use where ever I go.

I wish everyone the best of luck in their adventure in finishing this program and I hope to see many of you in the next set of classes!

4 comments:

  1. Charlotte, I LOVE the brain teaser and the answer from the preschoolers. Children do view the world through different eyes from us, and unfortunately, as adults we sometimes dampen that spirit of enquiry - note to self :)
    It was great having you as a classmate for the past 16 weeks. I always looked forward to reading your posts. All the best in your future endeavours and remember the potential that a child has to teach you something awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte,
    Your quotes are so true. No matter how we look at this world and all the problems we may have, it is all about our children and how we help foster a positive, warm and loving environment so that they can grow and learn.
    Hope that we can again share more classes together. I enjoy you post and resources you have shared.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the quotes. Each year I learn something new from my students. Hope to be see you in the next class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THE SCHOOL BUS IS GOING RIGHT. GOOD LUCK IN YOU STUDIES.

    ReplyDelete