Thursday, September 15, 2011

Relationship Reflection

I believe that a strong relationship with someone is the reason you get out of bed in the morning. The strong relationships we have when we are young are the reasons that we grow up to be who we are. It is those people that help nurture us and teach us right from wrong. As we grow older more people come into our lives that help us strive to be the best we can be. It’s those people that put smiles on our faces and make us feel better when we are sad. I was raised by my parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. My extended family has always been so close that I believe I have a strong relationship with most of them. Below is my family and friends that I have a great relationship with. Further down are the three people I believe I have the strongest relationship with.

 
My Family and Friends


My husband is my life. We have a positive relationship because we care for each other and support each other 100%. I believe the main factor for this is because our relationship goes beyond love. He is my best friend, my partner, who has helped me get through some of the roughest years of my life. I believe that we maintain such a strong relationship due to our honesty and trust in one another. We do everything together and decide on everything together.
 My mother is my first strong relationship in my life. I was her shadow growing up, always following her and idolizing everything that she did. I believe that she is the reason I grew up to be who I am today. Growing up, I could tell her anything and she never judged me. She supported me and guided me in the right direction. We maintain such a strong relationship due to talking at least once a week. She’s still that ear when I need to talk and that voice when I need advice.

 My best friend, Sara, is another person to whom I have a strong relationship with. I have known her for fourteen years now and I can’t even imagine who I would be today if I had never met her. She’s the person who can turn a bad situation into a good one, and can put that smile on your face when you think you’ll never smile again. I believe that we have a strong relationship because no matter how long we go without talking or seeing each other we always feel like we picked up where we left off. She is like a sister to me and I know that is a bond that will never be forgotten.

 I believe that the relationships that I have in my life is a key contributor to being an effective early childhood professional. I can take the knowledge that I have gained and build a trusting relationship with each of my students and their families. I believe that the guidance I received from my family and friends will help me guide my students. The relationships that I have had through the years have taught me to love, communicate, and respect people for who they are.

3 comments:

  1. I always find it interesting how we, as adults, still need our mothers in very similar ways we did when we were younger. There are times when I am just having a bad day, or when I am feeling ill, and all I want is my mom. My mom lives in Florida, and the distance is very difficult to have. It looks like you have a very large support system! I totally agree that our relationships we have when we are younger, and as adults, help form the kind of people we are. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, I enjoyed your visiting your blog and reading your article "Reflecting relationships. Iagree with your statement of your contribution as a teacher in building a trust and bond with your chikdren and families..Looking forwward in continuing communication and sharing this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree and I think that relationships that we have had in our lives do shape the way we relate to others and in turn really shape the way we engage with families as professionals. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete