Monday, December 19, 2011

Final Blog Post for the Issues and Trends in the Early Childhood Field

While listening to the podcasts and looking over different websites, I have learned so much when it comes to the early childhood field internationally. The website that I chose at the beginning of this course was The Child’s Defense Fund which is where I learned about programs that were helping out in the U.S.

Delfena Mitchell taught me that there needs to be more programs that are designed to helping children in tough situations. She has the patience and understanding to give a child a safe place to open up about his life at home.  We as professionals can take a cue from Delfena Mitchell and give every child, which crosses our path, a safe place to express themselves.

I also learned that there are programs that are trying to connect what each country is learning and developing with each other.  The Global Children’s Initiative was set up to build activities that promote early childhood development, child mental health, and children in crisis and conflict situations.

Finally, I learned that many countries are experiencing the same issues and trends. Personally I have seen that there is changes that need to occur across the world. We as educators need to come together and find ways to help bridge the gap with these issues and trends.

My goal is to find contacts around the world that I can collaborate with. By doing this, I will learn from their experiences and their knowledge.

I want to say, thank you to all my classmates and Dr. Klein for everything that you have taught me these past eight weeks. It has been a pleasure reading your posts and your comments to my posts. I have learned some valuable tools from each and every one of you! I wish you all the best as you continue down this road.

4 comments:

  1. The fact that many countries are facing the same challenges with issues and trends is also something that I learned when reading classmates' posts and talking with my international contacts. This course has truly made me realize the importance of collaborating with educators from other countries, and different countries coming together to tackle issues as a whole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This assignment to learn about other issues and trends around the world was a great experience. It has broadened my understanding of the needs in so many places. thank you Charlotte for some great information about the child's defense fund.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also feel the same way about the international contacts and podcasts. It was so interesting and insightful to learn about the challenges and the good that is happening around the world. I look forward to being in another class with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all let me say thani you for all your insightful posts and for sharing this term. It has been a pleasure. So many countries are facing the same challenges as us with early childhood education. Continueing to communicate with others witih in the field of early childhood from other countries is a wonderful goal.
    Thank you agian,
    Schlee

    ReplyDelete