Friday, August 17, 2012

What I Have Learned


One hope that I have when I think about working with children and families is that they all feel welcomed and comfortable around me. I hope that I can teach children to see pass stereotypes and their own biases to see a person for who they truly are.

One goal that I would want to set for the early childhood field is to make courses like these more known and available to ALL teachers. I think that teachers should have to understand the impact that their biases have on others and what they are teaching their students without knowing it.

I want to thank Dr. Ferrari and all of my colleagues for everything that you have taught me. This course was filled with so much insight and each of you helped me to understand the different aspects of it all. I would assume that I will see most of you in the next course, but if not, I wish you the best of luck with the rest of the program!

3 comments:

  1. Charlotte,
    I have thoroughly enjoyed blogging with you and I hope that you decide to keep the blog even after this program is over so that we may be a source of support for each other. I have learned from this program as well. I wish you luck...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, I definitely plan to keep this blog going and trying to update as much as possible. I hope that others will do too! I love the support system that we have set up, and it would be great to continue that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte,

    What a great goal to have. I think it would be wonderful to see every teacher taking a anti-bias course just like this one. It really is an eye-opener.
    I have been in many classes with you and always enjoy reading your blogs/posts. I hope you have the next class with you as well.

    ReplyDelete