Friday, October 26, 2012

Reflecting on Learning


My biggest hope for my future as an early childhood educator is to actually put everything into practice. My passion has been to teach in a school setting and right now that has not been possible. When that day comes and I am able to teach, I hope that I will remember all of this. I hope that I will be able to support my students and their families while learning about the anti-bias approach. While waiting for a teaching job, I plan to start advocating for children and to live by the anti-bias approach.

I want to thank each and every one of you for helping me through this process. I have learned so much and you all have pushed me to think further. Thank you Dr. Tammy Shepard for constantly, having me think of new ways to look at topics and issues.

5 comments:

  1. Charlotte,
    I want to thank you for all your ffedback and comments on my discussion and my blog posts. I gaines so many insights from you. I wish you the best in all your future plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte,
    Believe it or not, you and the other classmates have been an inspiration to me. I have been in the field of education for about six years, and I believe that there are always people out there who can teach you things in one field or another. I am just glad that I was able to learn from you all in this course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I have loved reading your blog during this course. I know how it feels to be in the "waiting" stage but all your knowledge will not go to waste as long as you continue to learn and advocate. I wish you nothing but the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I echo your concern that I will not take full advantage of this opportunity and keep moving to make a difference in the classroom. Also to make my life more intentional about speaking out against injustice and unfairness.

    Thanks for your support through blogs and discussions. Good luck in the next step.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked your comment about putting what we have learned into practice. That is so important because if we are able to apply all of these amazing principles, theories, strategies and tools into our daily teaching I think we will all be amazing early childhood educators. Thank you for all of your great blogs and discussion posts and I wish you the absolute best!

    ReplyDelete